Kevin T
Kevin T, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

Y i have one hp cm3530 fs usn usb try scan don't found

Customer Question

y i have one hp cm3530 fs usn usb try scan don't found software
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: last one
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: y when try scan don't found the software
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: upgrade firmaware
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you help me
Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

What hardware device are you referring too? I can't make this out with the notes above.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
printer hp
Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

And you cannot print with your MAC, it does not recognize it?

What's the make and model of the printer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i cannot scan, hp cm3550 fs
Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

Install the HP driver with Apple Software Update

To install the HP driver through Apple Software Update, create a new print queue on the Mac.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

3. Check if the name of your printer displays in the Printers list. Do one of the following steps, depending on if the printer is listed or not.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm communication and to make sure the correct driver is used. Click the name of your printer, then click the minus sign to delete the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed in the Add Printer or Scanner window, make sure the printer is connected to the Mac with a USB cable, or that it is on the same wired or wireless network as your Mac. See the Frequently asked questions in this document to resolve connection issues, try to add the printer again, then continue to the next step.

4. Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.

Figure : Select the name of your printer in the Use menu

NOTE:

Selecting a Generic driver option from the Use menu can result in limited printer functionality.

5. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

• If you are prompted to install software, click Download and Install to complete the installation.

• If ‘Software is currently unavailable’ displays, click Cancel, then go to Printer and scanner software for macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks (in English). If your printer is supported, go to HP Printer Drivers for OS X Lion or later (in English) to try manually installing the drivers.

6. Close the System Preferences window.

7. Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.

• If you can print, scan, or fax, you installed the driver and can now use your printer.

• If you cannot print, scan, or fax, see the Frequently asked questions on scanning issues and methods, driver support information, and to troubleshoot printer connection issues.