Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have a very old ipad, that doesn't pick up wifi. it

Customer Question

Hi I have a very old ipad, that doesn't pick up wifi. it suddenly stopped working yesterday and now requires an activation . I can't connect via wifi, and I'm trying to connect to iTunes, but I don't know how.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don't know, but it would be whatever we set up with originally. (2010)
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I don't think so.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't really get into the device. the message says ïPad Not Set up'. does this mean I've lost everything on it?
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, just that we are unable to get wifi normally.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there an welcome

Can you connect your iPad to the computer please via the Data cable that came with it.

Once done, go to www.itunes.com

Download and install iTunes, then open it.

It will detect the iPad and perform any instructions it tells you on the screen to activate it.

We can then see if your data is still available.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.