Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Cant get it to boot up, i believe its capitan i could be

Customer Question

cant get it to boot up
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: i believe its capitan i could be wrong though
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not that im sure of but that is a common reason as to why something like this would go wrong I was already at the point where i had to start my laptop from the user command screen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: .sbin/mount 0uw / etc etc
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got to the point where i was able to get to my password ***** eventually then i went to type my passwd in and it shook no then i did a process where it fools your mac to think its brand new and im at the welcome screen choosing a country or region and when i finish everything it brings me right back to the regions screen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What was wrong, that made you have to start your laptop from the user command screen, please? if you could explain that part of the problem a little more, so that I may get a grasp of the original problem's state.