Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I clear a error 400 on my Mac to regain access to our

Customer Question

how do I clear a error 400 on my Mac to regain access to our e-mail ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Could you please explain the issue you are having with your Mac ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I try to get into my e-mails a error 400 or 404 comes up on the top left and will not let us view our mail
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Who is your email provider ? Gmail, Yahoo etc

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Century link its an old q.com account
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Click this link --> http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/webmail.html

Click q.com in the drop down menu next to "elect your email domain to get to the correct Webmail Login page"

Then login to your account. Does it work that way ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I click link it has a message that safari can not find or open
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the error 404 came up again
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Do you have another browser like Firefox or Chrome ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not that I am aware off
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Let's try to access your email in other browser. Go to this website and download and install Chrome --> https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

Chrome is a browser like Safari. Open chrome and access your email in Chrome. Does it work in Chrome ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
opened with Chrome and still have error 400
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

I'm afraid this is an issue with the Century link side. They probably deleted the email page from their service. That is what Error 404 or 404 means.

Have you tried contacting them regarding this ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No what is the best way to get it touch of them
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Try this number : 080661 63301

or from here --> http://www.centurylink.com/Pages/Support/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there anything other than contacting Centurylink you can do recommend at this point ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

I'm afraid this is something beyond my control. But there is one thing we can try to get access to your email. Open Mail app. Click File > Add Account, choose Other and add your email account. This will allow you to get your emails without going through Safari

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

You're welcome.

I'm sorry I couldn't fix it from here, but this seems like a Century link issue. Are you able to access your emails from another computer ?

Or I can try to help you to setup the email on your Mail app and try to get your emails that way. Try it and let me know if you have any difficulty.

If you are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No problem I won't
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Would you like to me help you with adding this account on yoru Mail app ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Ok, if possible try to access your email from another computer or another network connection. This will tell us if there is any issue with this Mac which is very unlikely though.

If you have any questions or would like any other help from me, please let me know.

Best Regards,