Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Only.... I got some great help from another MAC GUY about

Customer Question

For ***** ***** Only....I got some great help from another MAC GUY about surfing the net anonymously. I want to use some dating sites and have had some stalkers in the past so want to be more anonymous. He said "In order to surf the Internet anonymously without revealing your IP address, you can use either the Tor web browser or a VPN program. Both methods will hide your own IP (it will display some random server's IP).Note that with Tor you will need to use the Tor web browser instead of the current web browser you've been using so far.However, if you install a VPN program instead, for example a free Hotspot Shield, you can continue to use your current web browser, for example Safari.That's everything... like I said he was great help... wanted to get a second opinion.Thanks JasonTimothy
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Timothy, my name is***** see that you have been waiting for Jason for quite some time. Would you like to continue to wait or would you like for me to weigh in with my opinion? I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers, and I have a great interest in internet security and privacy so I stay up to date with all the latest advances. Please advise.