Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I went into my contact list (pressed phone+pressed contact

Customer Question

I went into my contact list (pressed phone+pressed contact list at bottom of screen list to get information) and now I am staring at a blank screen that reads: No Results. When I press on the control button--on the bottom of the phone-- to bring me back to the icons, I hit the phone icon hoping that the screen will bring me back to the dial screen so I can place a call...
Upper left reads:Groups; Center:Contacts; Upper Right:Shows a cross; Underneath: a tiny searcher and then a blank screen.
I can find no way to close out this screen and get into my my dial pad screen and need to call my father who is ill.
I would very much appreciate your helping me solve this problem. Not having a phone is frightening when someone in your family is ill.
Thank you again!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry to hear that. First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

(If you have iPhone 7 or later model, then hold down Volume down and Power at same time until it shows Apple logo instead of holding down Home and Power)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.