Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MacBook Pro just randomly scrolls to the bottom of the

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro just randomly scrolls to the bottom of the page and I have to keep restarting it
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I got it as a gift last Christmas. The specs are MacBook Pro 15", version is OS X 10.11.6 I don't know how old it is
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I did a system check that came back fine
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need this issue fixed as I am in college and need to get some papers done and its difficult when I have to keep stopping and resdtarting restarting
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

1. Shut down the computer.

2. Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time, if it starts up you held the power button before the other keys, try again.

4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.

7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice.

8. Release the keys and immediately

hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run.

If that is ok restart

Go here and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, open it and select Scan:

http://tiny.cc/fixmalware

It will scan for malware and then give you the option to remove it. Then restart and run it again until you get no malware detected.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Did you try that?