Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to connect my iPad to my laptop but I get the

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect my iPad to my laptop but I get the message " itunes could not connect to the ipad because an invalid response was received from the device". Previously I can connect without any trouble and am able to transfer files to and from each device. What should i do now?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm using an Apple macbook running on MAC OS x version 10.6.8 and iPad 2
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I think my iPad has been updated recently to IOS 10.0.2
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried the following: to plug in to the different USB ports, restarded both devices, tried to update my itunes
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to be able to connect the devices and transfer files/photos from one to the other
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was charges $30 on my paypal account. I'd like to clarify the coverage of this payment?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 month ago.

I have

I am just a user on this site, just like you. I know nothing about your account, customer service would be happy to help you. Select the link below. Let me know if you wish to continue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help