Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Only connects to Internet on wifi, iPhone, Yes. the problem

Customer Question

Only connects to Internet on wifi
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: iPhone
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. the problem started after download of iOS 10; I had not backed up the phone on my computer so I am stuck with 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've contacted carrier - no change to data plan; I have the cellular data on; and now I am reading an old post post about the IP address
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the phone is paid for?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you sure there is no issues with your data plan or data connection on carrier side ?

If it is not working, then lets try resetting network settings. Go to Settings> General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This will reset all old network settings. You will also be disconnected from WiFi. After resetting network settings, go to Settings ? Cellular Data and enable it. Make sure Data Roaming is off in there as well. Does it work now ?

If that didn't work, then connect your iPhone to your WiFi network and lets configure the APN (accesspoint). On your iPhone, go to this website on Safari --> http://www.unlockit.co.nz

Follow the onscreen instructions on that website to add the APN of your carrier. Then check if it is working or not.

(Note : You can also call your carriet network to get the APN details and add it to your iPhone in Settings > Cellular Data)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting