Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My safari icon at the bottom of the screen disappeared. Now

Customer Question

My safari icon at the bottom of the screen disappeared. Now I can't tap into safari.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I don't know. I'm not very good with computers We bought this about 10 years ago and is a wireless desktop.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I think that I may have done something with the mouse. The screen became smaller and shifted to the left. I tried to drag it with the mouse to the right and then the safari icon went away.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Got any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 day ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 day ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You probably lost the shortcut only. In Finder, click on the Spotlight (search or magnifier icon at top right) and search Safari. This will find Safari app if it is anywhere on your Mac. If you see Safari, then open it from there.

This will show the icon on dock. So right click on that icon or hold down control key and click on Safari icon, select Options and select Keep in Dock. This will save it there.

Or go to Applications folder and if you see Safari there, then just click and drag it back to the dock (bottom toolbar).

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you