Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra and have been

Customer Question

Hi
I have recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra and have been receiving this "cloudd wants to use the login keychain" message continuously, I've tried changing the password ***** keychain but to no avail. Appreciate any help on this. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Keychain Access in the icon grid.

Select the login keychain from the list on the left side of the Keychain Access window. If your default keychain has a different name, select that.

If the lock icon in the top left corner of the window shows that the keychain is locked, click to unlock it. You'll be prompted for the keychain password, which is the same as your login password, unless you've changed it.

Right-click or control-click the login entry in the list. From the menu that pops up, select

Change Settings for Keychain "login"

In the sheet that opens, uncheck both boxes, if not already unchecked.

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences First Aid

If the box marked

Keep login keychain unlocked

is not checked, check it.

Select

Keychain Access Keychain First Aid

from the menu bar and repair the keychain. Quit Keychain Access.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
34;Keychain Access ▹ Preferences ▹ First Aid" I do not see this in my Menu bar. What I see is the attached.

After recent update this has been removed. Please try this and see if this help you to get it back :-

First, run Disk utility on the MacHD. Click First Aid. Then, In Finder click on Go. Press the alt-option button, and Libraries will appear on the dropdown menu. Open Libraries and move the Keychains folder to the desktop. Then restart the computer. You may have to re-enter your Apple ID password ***** others (in some case, Google password). It may take several restarts for this to work. Once it works, you can trash the Keychains folder you moved to the desktop.

Did above workaround helped you ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately it did not. I have had to reinstall Sierra and it works fine now.

Alright !! . Good to hear that your issue is resolved.

Would you like to provide your ratings and pay me for my efforts in it ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think it would be fair to pay if there was a solution but I've re-installed it works now, therefore I don't think a payment is necessary as your answers did not give a solution.

Alright ! Thank you .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have another issue that perhaps you can assist which gives me the opportunity to pay and rate you? Will you be interested?