tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

Keychain error -25299 occurred while creating a System

Customer Question

Keychain error -25299 occurred while creating a System Keychain entry for the username “eric” and URL “afp:[email protected]_afpovertcp._tcp.local./eric's%20timemachine”.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.12
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, this has been happening for some time on different time machines
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: have no idea where to begin
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try and run a quick “repair” first.

1. Try this please. Select Keychain Access from the Menu Bar, and then Keychain First Aid
  2. First enter your password, then select Repair(skip Verify) and finally, Start.
  3. If the Keychain First Aid tool finds any errors, it will report and then fix them. At this point, you should have no problem using Keychain again.

If the Keychain First Aid tool does not find any errors, it will report “No problems found” before the last line, Repair completed.

If that fails, Proceed with the next step.

Close all open Apps (saving work when appropriate) and reboot your Mac. When it starts again, you’ll be able to access Keychain without any problems.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Option "repair"unavailable?

Okay, click on the keychain access first, then make sure that keychain is in bold at the top left, then click on key chain, then first aid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you can see my screenshot Randy this option has been removed in OS Sierra
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please refund me as I am dissatisfied

okay. go ahead with the reboot. The reboot will also reset the keychain.

I am sorry about the difficulty, the screenshot that you sent only shows a dropdown of the Safari web browser menu.

These are the instructions I first gave you to correct the isssue>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please refund

Ok