Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a simple, but important letter to send from my Mac.

Customer Question

I have a simple, but important letter to send from my Mac. It carries 3 pdf files, the first two of which are contained in their pasted-in pdf icon. The third insists on opening at the bottom of the letter. I need it to behave as the other pdfs.
John W. Ballard
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the third PDF different from the other two? in size perhaps?

What email program (Apple MAIL, perhaps?) are you composing this email-with-PDFs in please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It must be different. May I send you the e-mail? It is personal, so be discrete. E-mail address??
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

That would not be advisable. This is a public forum.

I think I can advise you, since file attachment varies with email packages and email programs, if you will let me know, simply, what program you are composing this email in, please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
are we treading water?John
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

No. It's like this, if I may explain:

You're using an Apple computer. I myself can only do Secure Remote control assistance work with Windows computers. (It's not that I don't know the Apple systems, but that my remote control program only works with Windows computers at the 'other end' of the connection or link-up.)

So I will have to advise you - unless a Apple-Expert and Apple-remote-control-equipped Expert takes up your request, which is still open to all Experts - step-by-step, this way.

If you tell me what Mail program ('Mail', simply, perhaps?) you are using, I can advise you on this matter.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Russell:This won't work. I am off to reach a Mac expert whom I know. Please do not charge my credit card except for the few minutes spent finding that quick service was not possible.John Ballard
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at They may be reached at

Thank you for asking your question here at

Expert:  Mike replied 5 days ago.

Using the computer that has the issue, go to the link below and when the webpage opens click on Join your Session, then select Download and allow the app to run. If you get a message about "unidentified developer" go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab and at the bottom click on Open Anyway, then look for my messages on your screen:

Expert:  Mike replied 5 days ago.

Please post here when you are ready.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 days ago.

I suggest you put all three letters in a folder on your Desktop and name it appropriately . Then right click on the folder and go to Compress "folder name". A new document will appear on your desktop called "folder name".zip. Attach that your email and that should fix that issue. Let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 days ago.

Why did you give me a negative rating?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 days ago.

My suggestion will work there is no other way it will put one of the PDFs in the body of the email otherwise. Thanks a lot.

Expert:  Mike replied 20 hours ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 20 hours ago.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed there is no need to keep giving bad ratings, thanks for that.