David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I want to update the Illustrator and Photoshop color books

Customer Question

I want to update the Illustrator and Photoshop color books to include the newest Pantone colors. I have Illustrator CS5.1 and Photoshop CS 5.1. Do I have to upgrade the CS to be able to update the color books??
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 5 months ago.

There is a security preference blocking the installation of the software from Pantone. You need to change this setting before you can install it.

Open System Preferences, and click Security & Privacy on the top row.

Click the padlock icon in the bottom left, then type your username and password ***** unlock the padlock.

Now where it says "Allow apps downloaded from", change the setting to "Anywhere".

Now when you try to install the software from Pantone you will not see that error message.

Let me know if you have any questions. If it doesn't work please let me know what is happening, thank you.