Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My desk top asks for my password in order to download any

Customer Question

My desk top asks for my password ***** order to download any updates. I type this in & it also asks for an Apple verification code. I have typed this in immediately after the password &. It does not accept it. What do I do?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Just before I went on holiday so about 2 to 3 weeks ago.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: cant install updates as it won't accept password *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: asking you now.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: keep it simple as I am not expert, but I do need advice
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Have you tried resetting the password ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

Go to this website and then reset your Apple ID password *****>

(Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password)

After resetting the password, go to App Store and then download the update. When it asks for the password, enter it first. Then it will ask you to enter the password+verification code.

So enter it and don't put any space between password ***** the verification code. For eg : If the password ***** ***** and the code you received is 567890 then enter it this way -> applepassword567890

Then download it. Does it accept the password ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will follow your instructions & hope for success.
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 days ago.

If that didn't work, then we can generate a temporary secure password ***** use it to download from App Store.