Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a split screen on Safari and can't get rid of it.

Customer Question

JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OMG. I have no idea.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just been searching for answers on line and am getting nowhere
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I will help you with this.

Are you having issue with the Mac laptop or the iPad tablet or the iPhone?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

- If you have an iPad tablet, please try the following fix: In Safari app, please tap and hold on the Tabs icon (which is the double square icon) at the upper right corner, then tap on the option Merge All Tabs. That should fix the issue.

; (Another method is to tap on the tiny "x" icon at the upper left corner of each tab (each screen) to close it.)

- If you have a Mac laptop, please try the following fix: In Safari application, click on the tiny green icon (or tiny double arrow icon) at upper left corner. That should fix the issue.

; (Another method is to click on the tiny red icon (or tiny "x" icon) at the upper left corner of each tab / window (screen) to close it.)

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions for the iPad tablet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0p67QyRMA

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions for the Mac laptop:

https://youtu.be/tWhzeHKeAWU?t=78

; (watch only starting from the minute 1:18.)

- Note: If the issue is with the iPhone, please try the following fix on the iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app icon on your iPhone.

2. Tap on option Display & Brightness.

3. Select View.

4. Tap on Zoomed at the top.

5. Select Set.

6. Select Use Zoomed.
    - The message will inform you that changing the display will restart your iPhone, and continue. That should fix the issue.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,