Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do i get rid of a virus

Customer Question

how do i get rid of a virus
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your Safari browser infected with virus message ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 days ago.

There are no viruses for iPads. Is your Safari/browser app showing a virus message ? If so, then that is a SCAM. Follow the steps below to remove that message.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot.

Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the virus message. You can now open Safari without getting that message.

(If you see this on any other app, then just turn on Airplane mode from Settings. Then open that app and close that page)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.