Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

The icon for pages has disappeared. How dos retrieve it? el

Customer Question

the icon for pages has disappeared. How dos retrieve it?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: el capitian
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not recently.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am not knowledgable enough to be troubleshooting. I have arrangements with IMac for assistance when needed to resolve problem but normally takes a while to get someone to come on so I'm trying f0r a change.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is probably deleted from your dock or moved to some other location. In Finder, click on the search magnifier (Spotlight) at top right corner and type Pages. If the Pages is still on your Mac, then it will find and show. So open it from there. After opening, it will appear on dock. Then right click or hold down Control key and do a click on the Pages icon on dock, select Options and select Keep in Dock. This will add it back there.

If you don't see it there, then look in Trash. If it is there, then right click on it and select Put Back.

If you still can't find it, then you can redownload it. Go to Apple > App Store. Search Pages and then download it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The instructions, as I understand them, do not work for me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 days ago.

On your Mac, click on the Magnifier icon at top right and search (type) Pages. Does it show the Pages app ?