Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

My icloud is disabled. I need help, I'm not sure. This phone

Customer Question

Hi! My icloud is disabled. I need help
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm not sure. This phone was crashed and I just got it fixed yesterday. Then when I try to sign in to my icloud, it shows that it's disable for security purposes
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not yet. I can't open it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to do the security questions on icforgot.icloud.com and I've also tried sending email to my me.com address However, I can't use my me.com too
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please let them know I know the icloud email address and password. I just forgot the answers to the security questions. I'm not aware this can happen.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the exact message you get, when you try to sign in to iCloud, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it says your apple id has been disabled for security reasons. Please reset

OK. That means you will need to reset your Apple ID, quite simply. (The Apple ID becomes locked, when your account has been attempted to be accessed, e.g. by entering the wrong password, too many times. Someone may have been attempting to hack your account that way... unless you yourself were the one entering unsuccessful passwords too many times of course.)

The process may be summarized this way:

• Open Safari on a Mac.
  • Visit Apple's iForgot site at https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid
  • Enter the correct values into the First Name, Last Name and the Current Email Address fields.
  • Click Next.
  • ( If you have two-step verification enabled you'll need to enter the Recovery Key. )
  • Enter the New Password ***** Confirm Password *****

If this answers your question, please rate my answer.

If this is not sufficient answer yet, please let me know, and I will continue to help you.

Thanks.