Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

2nd request for Help! After completing a call, I was locked

Customer Question

2nd request for Help! After completing a call, I was locked out of my phone. I had 26% battery left as a note. I tried to sign in with my ID and password ***** no avail. A know my password ***** ***** This has happen before: Old Case #***** New Case # ***** yesterday -*********** I can receive calls but locked out. My Cell:(###) ###-#### My wife's Cell:(###) ###-#### We will be traveling and need help because this phone is my number to respond to first responder needs across this country.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You will need to recover your Apple ID password, for your iPhone to become accessible again, I think.

is where to begin, but also, you can read instructions on what to do and what to expect and how to assign/choose things, on this page:

Note that you will have to have access to your 'primary or rescue email address'... to receive an email with verification code, or similar.

This may prove difficult if you are traveling.

NOTE: If your wife's device is the only one you have, then do not reset her password! or ID! or you will lose access to her device too.

It might be best to undertake this process at a library branch computer.