Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I can't access the iPhoto program which came with my 2014

Customer Question

I can't access the iPhoto program which came with my 2014 macbook. When I try to open it, I get this:
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so - I share it with my son, who's usually pretty responsible.... but I'm not positive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to turn it on and off as suggested. I don't have the original discs as I'm in CA and the discs are in VA
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I'd REALLY like to get back to the older software I'm familiar with, and does a better editing job, frankly? Thanks! And should I purchase a new software for the iPhoto, and what's it called?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 15 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac to see the version numnber