Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.

I dropped my IPod Touch and the screen is faded to and only

Customer Question

I dropped my IPod Touch and the screen is faded to white and only shows half content. If plugged in it plays but I can't see the music and playlists to choose. Should I do a factory reset and how do i do this? Itunes recognizes the device and even syncs it but I find no way to restore the screen
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I have no idea - It's at least 5 yrs old
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I believe so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to restart and a forced restart - I've looked to see if there is a way to do a factory reset but can't find one
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so I just need to be able to access playlists as I'm a yoga instructor
JA: I can help you talk to the tutor. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I dropped my I Touch and the screen is faded to white so I can't see it to navigate the device. ITines recognizes it and syncs but I can't seem to restore the screen
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Wes replied 15 days ago.

Plug the ipod into your computer and bring itunes up. You should be able to restore it from there. You can also force it into recovery mode by pressing both buttons simultaneously until the ipod blacks out. Then let go of the power button, but keep the home button held down until you get a message in itunes about restoring the ipod. However, a restore is not likely to fix this problem because you likely did damage to the display when you dropped it, so it will need to be sent in for repair.