Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My ipad is disabled and I need to find out how to enable it

Customer Question

Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, If you forgot the password ***** your iPad is disabled then your only option is to restore the iPad which will cause you to lose everything currently on it. If you made a backup prior to losing the passcode, you should be able to restore that. Here are the steps to restore your iPad :

1.Plug in your iPad to your computer

2. press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until an Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

3. iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

4. hit restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

5. restore iPad and now you'll start new and have your iPad back

Additional Information :

Hope this help, If you need any further help please let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 12 days ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?