Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have upgraded from Quark 7 to 9. I did a book in 7 years

Customer Question

I have upgraded from Quark 7 to 9. I did a book in 7 years ago and needed to make changes but had to use 9. The original file had 3 master pages. When open the 7 version in 9 it tells me "TOTAL LANIER BOOK2' uses legacy frames styles that are not supported by this version of QuarkXPress." The file opens but I need to rescale half of the pictures. Also about 10 duplicated pages come into the file and I cannot delete them!!!! help This is a 450 page book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not savvy when it comes to the technical aspects of this computer. I loved Quark 4 and then upgraded to 7 and used it for years. It was simple, easy and quick to use and was my bread and butter for may years. I am still finding my way around version 9 and need to invest in a class because it is so different from 7. Im no spring chicken and new technology doesn't come easy to me
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 14 days ago.

I can look at your file if you wish.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
where is my answer????? Do you have to look at then file to give me any direction?
Expert:  Mike replied 14 days ago.

I made an offer for an extra fee... if you Accept then I will give you instructions to upload the file to me.

Expert:  Mike replied 14 days ago.

Please let me know before*****or come back tomorrow, thanks.

Expert:  Mike replied 13 days ago.

I have all versions here and I should be able to fix that issue.