kanoko
kanoko, Mac Guru
Experience:  5+ years of Mac expertise
65089077

Here is the update regarding my iPad Pro question from

Customer Question

David here is the update regarding my iPad Pro question from yesterday. I called the bank this morning and was informed by the IT people that their current programming for on line banking access does not support the iPad Pro. They do not have an eta on the fix. Hard to believe, I'm sure I'm not the first person to purchase one. Anyway that's the rest of the story. Thought I'd let you know in case you run into this again
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

That's very odd. I can't see how online banking site would treat the iPad Pro differently than an iPad. It's possible that the iPad Pro handles HTTPS certificates differently which would require a change on the bank's site, but that would impact your ability to access other secure sites as well. Have you had any trouble using your iPad Pro to access other sites that require a username/password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Every other program seems to be working fine
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

I just checked the hardware specs for the iPad Pro, and I can't see anything that would cause an issue on a secure web site. It's possible that the CSS code that determines the proper page layout for a given device is unable to render the page correctly for the iPad Pro, but that shouldn't affect your ability to login.

Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

I would try out a few different web browsers to see if that helps. My personal favorite is "Atomic Web Browser" but you may also want to try "Firefox" or "Opera"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You told me yesterday that you culdn't remote into my iPad Pro. I did see a charge however last night which I emailed back a disclaimer on that charge
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

"Dolphin" is another good choice. They all should have free versions, so you can download them, try them out, and delete them if they dont solve the problem. I really wouldn't put too much faith in the bank's response. It sounds like they gave you a cop out answer so that they don't have to address the actual problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

I never accepted the remote assistance add-on, so you should not be charged for that. You can email them and tell them to check the question page if you were charged extra for that.

Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

Try out a few of those browsers, and let me know if you get any different results after logging in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok j thanks again. Ididn't think you had remotes in
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will I be charged if you remote in but can't fix the issue
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

TO be honest, I dont think our remote service works on mobile devices anyway. I would have to look into that. I've only used it for desktop and laptops. Mobile devices would require a completely different system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok that's what you told me yesterday. That's why I surprised when I saw the receipt on email for $39
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

Yeah, just reply to the email about the remote charge and mention that the expert never accepted it. They can check the question page to see. I've never had that happen to me though.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will do, thanks
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

It's possible the $39 was for the original question. You may want to double check that.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok.....maybe I jumped the gun on that. I will check and obviously pay the bill if that's what it was
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

I'll wait to hear from you regarding the browser tests. I would try each one of the apps I mentioned until one of them is able to login to the bank site.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just signed into my Amazon account without any problem. Will try Dolphin. I don't see any others that you may have sent to try
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind found it, atomic web browser. My bad. I'll get back to you and let you know. Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Went Dolphin. I got right in. Clicked on one of my accounts and could see everything as before. Then I clicked on the account link to check other accounts and got the error message again. Now I can't get past Rory message when I try to log in/. Atomic web browser no luck at all.......
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Security message
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm going to get some other things done. Will get back to this BS later . Bill
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I wasn't here to assist. I assumed you were going to do the browser tests at a later time. Could you tell me more about the Dolphin experience you had. Which accounts were yo u logging into? Were these different accounts on the bank site, or other sites?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dolphin worked the first time to get in but error message when I tried to navigate through my different accounts. I deleted Dolphin. Went into Atomic web browser and that is working. I've been into the accounts twice and it works like in the past. I also applied for and changed my password. Looks like for now I'm good to go. Bill
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Atomic web browser still working. Think we're good to go
Expert:  kanoko replied 1 month ago.

Great. Based on your test results, I suspect that your bank website includes its standard CSS device detection code as part of the login process. By default I believe Atomic and possibly Dolphin trick websites into thinking that you are using a different device. This allows you to render websites like they would look on a desktop or laptop. I suspect this feature is what is allowing you to log in properly.

As a side bonus I think you will find Atomic to be a much better browser than Safari as far as customization is concerned. That's why it is my favorite. Let me know if you have any more questions regarding this issue.