Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

I reset the password online but the IPad will not accept the

Customer Question

I reset the password ***** but the IPad will not accept the new password. I did a hard restart. I keep getting "iPad is disabled. Try again in five minutes."
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Only a few minutes ago. but only the password.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 13 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please let me know if you are stuck at any step, and/or if there is any error or message.

- If you still need help with this issue, please let me know if you also have a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or a Mac computer.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,