Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Just purchased HP diskette 3632 printer.says it connects to

Customer Question

just purchased HP diskette 3632 printer.says it connects to PC and Mac. go to online printer setup and Mac is not an option. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Laith Ayoub replied 1 month ago.

I will be sending the needed driver shortly.

Regards.

It should work fine

Please download the driver from the below link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-DeskJet-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172306/model/7599657

Unzip the file and doubleclick on HP Easy Start.

Just tried it, works fine.

Regards.

Any update on the issue.

Regards.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Note : Please make sure that you are installing the update after downloading it. It is a big file, so it may take some time to get it downloaded.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N