Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Security issue, iphone 4s, 3yrs old, need phone #. Received

Customer Question

security issue
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: iphone 4s, 3yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: need phone #. Received security alert ( your apple ID &phone # are now being used for i message on new Mac IF YOU RECENTLY SIGNED INTO iMAC 14,2 YOU CAN IGNORE THIS NOTICE. Numerous text messages now appear in a forein language on my meesages
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no Home #(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either your Apple ID is hacked and someone else is using your Apple ID on his/her Mac. This way he/she can access the stuffs stored on your iCloud like photos, messages, logs etc

Or these are scam or phishing messages/emails. There are many scams out there which makes you think that these are official mails and when you click on the link on these messages to change your password, they actually get your ID and info when you try to reset through their links.

So ignore those messages and delete them. Then I want you to change your Apple ID password ***** Apple's official website.

Go to this website --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

Then reset your Apple ID password. Once you didn't that, I want you to enable two factory authentication. This way, no one else will be able to have unauthorized access to your Apple ID. Follow the instructions in here to enable two factory authentication --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

You account will be secure once you did the above two. Again, you must reset through the above official websites. DO NOT follow any websites or link you see on the messages you received.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask