Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I installed Mackeeper on my MacBook Pro recently, and since

Customer Question

I installed Mackeeper on my MacBook Pro recently, and since then I believe it encrypted some of my data. Safari now tells me that it can not log on to sites bc it can't establish a secure connection. I then tried to uninstall Mackeeper, (not sure I did), but thereafter learned that if I uninstalled it I may never be able to get rid of the encryption, if in fact that is my problem.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: How do I locate it's age? And by operating system are we talking browser that's safari
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The Mackeeper and I used their security button, that's why I suspect the problems lies with Mackeeper, but don't know for sure. Other updates I have an automatic button for that ?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Like I said I uninstalled Mackeeper (without getting rid of any encryptipons since I did not know how to do that. I Ran Safari reset and check all its buttons, and I actually went back to try and re-install Mackeeper (just in case that was the what I needed to do to rectify the problem, but they wanted to charge me again for the re-install, so I didn't complete it. I also went to various other areas like keychains, but don't think I changed anything
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how can I get my system back, where I am able to log on to all my important sites. Also, who do you work for, cause I kinda though you were the Mac expert?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 19 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

The payment for the remote service has failed.