Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I"m trying to reinstall the original OS X on my MacBook Air.

Customer Question

I"m trying to reinstall the original OS X on my MacBook Air. I'm tried Command + R once or twice and then Command+Option + R once or twice. Every time I am prompted to reinstall or install original OS X I get a "cannot install because you have a newer version of OS on your computer". HELP. I'm tired and irrated and all because I tried to uninstall OS Sierra - which completely mess my computer. Thanks APPLE. Always testing my nerves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First of all, we're not Apple. This is, a paid support website. So if you are not satisfied with Apple, please don't rate me bad or poor.

Downgrading the OS X is not a straight forward process. When you try to reinstall, it will show the newer version message.

So you have to erase the hard drive and reinstall OS X from OS X Utilities screen by booting using Command, Option and R keys. Erasing the hard drive will delete everything from it, so do you have the backup of your files ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I understand. I've done that I believe. It's a mess. Probably best to not shell out $44 here and take it to the Apple store. Apologies. I'm tired and not very happy. thanks for your help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

If you don't want to continue, please email or contact *****@******.*** and they will cancel the question and refund the deposit you made here.

If you would like to continue, then I can send you intructions which will help you to downgrade. You only have to pay if you are 100% satisfied.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm going to cancel the question. I've been through the downgrade instructions from Apple already a couple times and nothing works. Going to have to take computer to Apple. Thanks for your help and quick response. Best
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

No problem.