Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Help! my iphone 5 is asking for my apple id & password,

Customer Question

help! my iphone 5 is asking for my apple id & password, saying "Activation Lock" at top of screen. I can't remember my password. What do I do??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Would you like to do factory reset ? It will wipe out everything from your screen . Also do you have access to some other computer ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i really don't want to lose everything. is that the only way to fix problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is there something else I can do?

Did you try resetting password ***** your apple id ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no thanks

You must have received automated notification about screen sharing request. You can ignore that because it won't help us here in this case.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am at my computer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.

There is one more option if you do not remember the password ***** you can use below link ;-

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/activation-lock-removal.php

They charge some amount but they unlock your device in 1-3 days.

In that webpage ,if you scrool down you will see a device details option you need to give your device details and mention your IMEI number in it. They officially unlock your device by making required modification in apple's database.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but what happens then? will I lose everything on my phone?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know if you're still there or not. I reset my password ***** my itunes account. was able to get my iphone unlocked. seems like it is all good. now how much am I going to get charged? I never saw this activation required message before.

That's good. yes, I was away for a while.

Not sure , How much you are going to get charged. But If you want, I can ask customer service to not change anything more than x amount. How much would you like me to tell to them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Considering that there was not a lot of technical assistance needed, $10 would be reasonable. And that is just for you guiding me to the password ***** for my Apple ID. I didn't even use the link that you sent me. The password ***** popped up from my iTunes. I would be happy if I was not charged, but I can deal with $10. Thank you.

Okay .Thank you ! I actually asked you did you try resetting its's password ***** for that you replied No, Thank you so I thought you are not able to reset it's password ***** thought of suggesting you a way which can unlock any device.

I will pass on this information to customer service. Thank you .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The "no thanks" answer that I said was to the offer to remotely connect to my device. That offer was popping up after every comment by you and it was very distracting!! I was careful not to click on the 7day free trial!! I trust I will not be charged anything for a membership!! Thank you

Sure you won't be charged anything extra !