Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I want to restore my IPad, but I cannot connect because my

Customer Question

I want to restore my IPad, but I cannot connect because my Apple ID and password ***** been changed and I do not have the new change. I believe my Apple ID is still***@******.***, but the password ***** ***** I tried numerous times yesterday, but the only positive response is that the password ***** emailed to me. I suspect that it was emailed to***@******.***, but that account no longer exists. I supplied two other emails,***@******.*** and***@******.*** but neither of those accounts received the password. Can it be sent to either of those accounts or texted to my cell phone at(###) ###-#### Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This was no help at all. They are still sending my new password ***** a now non-existent email account. How can I get them to send it to a now existing account?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

When you say non existent, does it mean you cannot sign into it anymore?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

What is the message you get when you try to sign into it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
gmail simply says that [email protected] is not a valid account. Yet, that was my original Apple ID. I now have learned that the Apple ID has changed to***@******.***, but even after I entered that I was told that they had emailed the new password ***** me. Of course, I have not gotten it. If they would text me like you have, that would be perfect!
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Chris, which email account did you use on the iPad.

You said after I gave you clear instructions," I was no help at all"..... yet it appears your not even sure which account is the reason one which is exactly what my instructions dealt with. We need to first do this hence the instructions I gave

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard: I went to the links as you suggested. When I entered the information they asked for, they sent a message that my Apple ID was apparently no longer***@******.*** but was***@******.*** . Using each of those ID's, I chose security questions to which the answers were perfectly known to me, but they kept responding that the answers did not correspond with what they had on file. I then chose the email response and that is when I got into the "loop" that they are sending it, apparently, to an account that no longer exists. Is there ever a live person customers can talk to at Apple to straighten this out? Thanks, Chris.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Chris, that link, what is the ID it says you have or what is the email address you see displayed on the iPad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ID is***@******.***. My IPad is frozen out because I cannot connect with Apple ID. There are two emails on my IPad: ***@******.*** and***@******.*** . (This answer assumes I understand your question!)
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, now when you try to reset the password ********@******.***

Via the link I gave

What email address does it want to send the password ***** to?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is what I got:
Password ***** Email SentAn email has been sent to your email address, c•••••@gmail.com. Follow the directions in the email to reset your password.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, now what happens when you try to get into that email address?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot get into***@******.*** because they say that such an account does not exist. I just checked***@******.***, and there was no message for Apple ID.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, create the account for***@******.*** here

https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail?hl=en

Tell me when you have please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They say now that I have an account under that email address, but, of course, I do not know the password. I am going to have to cut short this session because I have a client here and need to go. Can we pick this up later? (With no additional charge?)
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard: I am back. Now that I have a new password ***** gmail at***@******.***, I could get into it if I could just get that gmail account to come up. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, now try to reset the***@******.***

As the reset email is now sent to that gmail

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I get to that gmail? They are asking for the password ***** and I do not know what it is.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are still trying to send the new password ********@******.***, but I cannot seem to get that account to come up. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

you said they get sent to***@******.***?

thats why we did this, you're now saying this is not the case?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I finally got into my gmail account***@******.***. Let me take a minute to read the emails from Apple and I will get right back to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I give up. I am going to an Apple store to get this fixed. No success here.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, but they will only do what I did Chris