Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I went into recently deleted in my iphoto library and

Customer Question

I went into recently deleted in my iphoto library and restored/recovered a photo and I don't know where it went.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: ios
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: this would have nothing to do with the operating system. In the iPhoto one can go into recently deleted photos to recover/restore a photo. the photo is removed from the recently deleted area and I don't know to where it goes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it is not a troubleshooting issue. the photo is restored/recovered and goes somewhere and I dont know to where
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would surmise that, like other Recover Deleted Files processes, it was recovered back to wherever it was when you deleted it... the directory, in the file system, that it was originally located.

So, one way to check this - if you cannot remember where it was originally stored, but can remember enough of its name - is to do a search on the whole hard disk of your computer, for its name.

Wherever the global over-all-the-disk search finds it, there it is.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It has to be somewhere in the iphone is not a file with a name. I look in "all photos" but could not find it.

A file without a name?

Are you sure? all files have names.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it is a photo and as far as I know they dont have names

Can you identify the photo in any way?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I cannot. If the iphoto library allows one to remove a photo from the recently deleted area there must be a built in path for it to go from there back into the library. that is all I am looking for

The original location in the library would be the likelies path.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
well I guess that is the best you can do.

It's the best sense my experience can find on the subject. (Unless you have synced your iPhone to a Windows PC lately?)

One source says, doing an un-delete of one single photo in Albums -> Recently Deleted, moves the photo from there, and restores it to your normal albums and Camera Roll.

So have you looked in the camera roll ? or through the Albums?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

In case another Expert has a more suitable answer, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 18 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,