Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Plugged in phone for updates and now doesnt work

Customer Question

Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 16 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPhone is corrupted during the update. Your only option is to force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes application (from computer) which will erase everything from it.

But if you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here :

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

iTunes will ask you to restore the iPhone.

Click OK or Restore

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have to go to work now and cant do that.until later how do you do it
Expert:  Ashik replied 16 days ago.

We can continue later. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites. So we can continue later or any time you want.

When you are back, you can follow the steps above to restore the iPhone to working condition. You can restore it from any computer.