Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to install a new version of the adobe flash plug

Customer Question

I am trying to install a new version of the adobe flash plug in and when I try it keeps telling me it wants to make changes and to enter my password. I don't recall ever making one. How do I locate that?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: pretty basic. Used mostly for work. Definitely not a techy by any means
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just went into my settings and updated all but not had to do with adobe so that didn't help I'm sure lol
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I went to an adobe link and reset my password ***** the adobe webpage but that password ***** working for this new version installation,
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you need to know which mac I have? Could that make a difference?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To confirm, this is a Mac computer? Or a windows computer? And which version?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,