Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Why is Safari unable to open about 1/3 of the sites I want

Customer Question

Why is Safari unable to open about 1/3 of the sites I want today? Just happening today not in past. Apple sites, second clicks from emails, and clicks off of yahoo searches mostly.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The sites that would not connect are major sites, e.g. Holiday Inn, Southwest Airlines, Apple Store (Apple Store though my app)
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
os x El Capitan, 10.11.6
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** here.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at theupper right hand side, click first aid, then click start first aid.. Once complete.

Shut down your mac. Then, unplug your wireless router and modem from power for 1 minute, then plug them back in. ( or you may have a single combo unit, if so unplug that for a minute )

Then, after a minute passes plug them back in and turn them on. When the lights are all lit up, start your mac and try safari.

if it still cant access those pages, t hen lets reset safari.. Heres how

From the Safari menu bar, please select

Safari ▹ Preferences... ▹ Privacy ▹ Remove All Website Data > for time frame choose from the beginning of time.

and confirm. Once complete, close safari, reopen it and test.

If this doesnt work or if you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Otherwise if all goes well, please rememeber to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks, I have run out of time to work on this until later so printed off your answers and will try your remedies later. I will send a 5 star rating
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for getting back to me, and for the pending rating.

When you do have time if you get stuck or run into any issues, you are welcome to get back to me even after rating.

To get back to me , either check your email. View one of the messages from justanswer that says you have received a reply or a message, open the message. Then inside it click the button that says view or reply on justanswer. That will bring you back to this page where you can scroll down and reply.

Or, go to justanswer.com, login at the top right. Then click my questions at the top right. Then, you will see our question listed there. Click the question, scroll down and reply!