Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do I change my email address

Customer Question

how do I change my email address
Category: Mac
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Just to clarify, are you looking to create and use a new email address itself? If so, who's your current email provider, e.g. Gmail?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My old email address is from school. O am now retired and it no longer works. It was***@******.***. my email address now is***@******.***
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hmm, I see; so would you like to keep using the same Gmail address that you currently have, or do you want to set up a new Gmail address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to use my current Gmail account. ..I don't know my I cloud password ***** I set up eon's ago ... since my email address is no good I cant get out of this tangle
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Oh, I see. Just to clarify, your iCloud email address is "*****@******.***"?

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Your iCloud account is separate from your old email account, even though they both use the same email address. So, we can go ahead and reset the password ***** your iCloud account now - could you please confirm what's your iCloud ID/email address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that address is no longer ussblr
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Your iCloud account is separate from your old email account, even though they both use the same email address. So, we can go ahead and reset the password ***** your iCloud account now. However, I'm unable to look up any iCloud account with the address***@******.*** - no such account exists. Could you please let me know if you are being prompted to enter the password ***** your iCloud account on the iPad now?

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Also, could you let me know if you have a separate APPLE ID/email address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I know the password ***** my I cloud address
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I now have the Gmail address in I cloud bUT what is the password. I an 75 years old and this is very frustrating
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Oh, I see - so the iCloud address shows up as "*****@******.***" now?

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Please confirm, and I'll go ahead and reset the password ***** that account by verifying your security info - I just looked up an existing iCloud account with the***@******.*** email itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please reset the password ***** I cloud and wherever else you need to so that when I enter a new password ***** will be good everywhere on my ipad....thxshe
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

OK; I have now sent an iCloud password ***** email to***@******.*** - could you please open up your emails now, and click on the link provided in that email? This will allow you to set a new password ***** your iCloud account - which you may then use on your iPad thereafter.

Do keep me posted on the results; I'll be here.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

If you are unable to access your emails for the Gmail account either, please let me know and I'll reset your iCloud password ***** other way. Thanks, ***** ***** me posted.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Barun....I don't see any link on your email to reset my password
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Wait.....I just found it on another email
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

OK, great - could you let me know if you were able to reset your iCloud password ***** the link provided in that email?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I have a new password...now let me try it on my ipad
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Okay; thanks - do keep me posted on the results :)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My apple I'd is locked
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hmm; could you clarify one more time if your Apple ID is***@******.*** or***@******.***?

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist you further with this issue; you will be automatically notified by email once another expert picks this up. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My apple Id is***@******.***
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My apple Id is***@******.***
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the delay, just got your latest reply. One moment, let me look up this account now.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

OK, found your iCloud account - let me reset the password ***** you now, by verifying your security info.

First, could you let me know your full date of birth?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On my ipad the az is missing in the email address
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you see how the email address is wrong? My date of birth is 08091941
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Yes, I corrected that email for you; no issues. Let's go ahead; please answer the following two security questions:

Where did you go the first time you flew on a plane?

What is your favorite children’s book?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Phoenix
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is your favorite children's book?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Favorite childrent book....I think I put miss daisy is crazy
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hmm, I'm afraid one of the answers is incorrect, so I'm not able to proceed - could you maybe provide me with a second option/guess for the questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know that phoenix is correctBook...if it's not miss daisy is crazy...I don't know....please don't make me cry
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience here; Apple makes it quite hard for their users to reset their locked accounts as you can see. Hmm, let me think of something else; be right back.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I'm still not able to reset your password ***** way. Let me open your question back up to our other experts, who will be able to assist you further. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok....my address is still wrong too
Expert:  Mike replied 3 months ago.

OK go here and select Get Started:

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Then select More Products & Services, then choose Apple ID, then Other Apple ID Topics, then the Topic is not Listed, then type "Apple ID is locked and Security questions don't work", then select Talk to Apple Support Now and you will enter your phone and get a phone call from Apple