Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a macbook pro and the audio does not work. I went

Customer Question

I have a macbook pro and the audio does not work. I went into system preferences to sound. All of the input and output effects are check mute. And it won't allow my to change that setting.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Its a 2001 pro 6, running on..forgot where to look for os system
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried to, but the update was taking too long (2 Days)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, I was able to read a thread on your website about the dreaded blue screen, which I was able to fix thanks to you guys, but volume is not working. I read some other fixes about just moving the earphone input jack until a red light went off? But I didn't have the red light.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything else seems to be working okay except the volume is locked. Don't have any security software on this computer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Andrew James replied 2 months ago.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about the sound problems on your laptop. The most common cause for macbooks to act in this manner is when they think something is plugged into the headphone jack. My first step recommendation is to find a set of headphones and put them into the headphone jack. Does this clear the locks? Are you able to hear sound and do anything with headphones in? If so then remove them and see if the issue resolves itself.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried that, nothing.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
by the way the 30$ charge was not listed on the web page. I thought it was going to be $5. You guys are terrible!
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

If you can get good tech support for your problem, which is not an easy one, for $5 some place else that's great. $5 is the deposit it clearly should state the price... you may have missed it. Do you still wish help here? Satisfaction is guaranteed.