Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I'm trying to restore an old ipad but whenever I connect to

Customer Question

I'm trying to restore an old ipad but whenever I connect to itunes i keep getting a "to allow access, please respond on your iPad.." which I can't do because it's disabled. I've tried everything on the apple support pages but no luck
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OS X version 10.6.8 with 11.4 itunes
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: That's how the problem started. the ipad is ancient and I had installed an update but when I went to set things up it required a passcode which we haven't used in forever and i tried what I thought it could have been until it became disabled. It's in recovery mode but just won't allow the restore process.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've removed security on my iMac, i've tried connecting to another network and another computer but still the same message.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  technicalcat replied 24 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Please standby while I review details about your question and issue. I will reply here when ready. Thanks.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I've reconnected the iPad to my Mac and another message that I'd forgotten about is "The iPad could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"
I didn't get this message when connected to my macbook.

Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
is there anyone there??

Please visit the following link, and then tell me which generation iPad you have.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It's an iPad 2, model A1395
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I no longer require assistance and have managed to fix this issue. I will be asking for a refund as I didn't actually use help from this site.