Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Trying to reinstall macbook pro osx. got to disc utility

Customer Question

trying to reinstall macbook pro osx. got to disc utility erased i think what was needed. then i keep getting errors when i try to reinstall osx
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 28 days ago.

Hello. It is my pleasure to endeavor to assist you.

Secure Remote Assistance will malfunction unpredictably if various pieces of the operating system are uninstalled or partially installed.

That having been said, your best course of action--if OS installation has been interrupted and, consequently, left in some inscrutable state, "betwixt and between"--is to reinstall FROM SCRATCH, formatting the disk and what-not. Yes, this task can take several hours, for which I apologize.

Thank you for your patience and forbearance.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
what do i do?

If you could, please provide a little clarification on what you meant by:

"got to disc utility erased i think what was needed"

Are you saying that you erased portions of the installation discs? This is extremely doubtful. Or, did you somehow interrupt the installation procedure, and delete things?

Rather than second-guess, I would strongly advise you to INSTALL OS X FROM SCRATCH as if you just got your hands on a brand-new, BLANK Macbook.

(McBook? I guess that would be a McDonald's product!)

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No i am just having trouble reinstalling from the reinstall osx in disk utilities. But can i go online and buy a frsh copy and download it to a usb device?

"keep getting errors when i try to reinstall osx"

Is this or is this not the case? Is your OS completely, consistently installed, or is it not? It's a really straightforward question, my friend.