Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPhone5S will no longer connect to my notebook. invalid

Customer Question

my iPhone5S will no longer connect to my notebook. invalid response was received?
JA: Just to clarify, what is your notebook's exact make and model?
Customer: OSX 10.7.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: always keep updates uptodate - not sure when last one
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: listened to a utube video and they seemed to be working with an iPhone 4. They said hit the home button and the power button at the same time and then I would be given further instruction but couldn't get passed that point - mine is iPhone 5S
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What exact message are you getting when you connect ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “Mandy & Peter Sear’s iPhone” because an invalid response was received from the device.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. Can you connect using different USB cable and see if it is working or not ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have used two different usb cables
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

To understand the problem, have you tried connecting this phone to another computer and see if it works on it ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Also, soft reset your iPhone and see if it works then.

Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will soft reset it. Then connect it to different USB port of your Mac and does it recognize it ?