Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I recently purchased an Apple Music gift card that states

Customer Question

I recently purchased an Apple Music gift card that states that it is for a 12 month subscription "All the music you want". I followed the instructions on the card to redeem it and my account was credited the $99.00 I paid for the card. As I am purchasing music the cost is being deducted from the $99.00. I understood this card to be for a one year subscription with unlimited purchases not just $99.00 worth of music. Please help! Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

You don't purchase music you just play it. You are buying music the normal way and not turning on the Apple Music subscription. In iTunes go to Browse you should see the offer for Apple Music.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

You can try it free for three months then use your gift card: http://www.apple.com/music/

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

As long as you are purchasing the Apple Music subscription I'm sure Apple will refund the purchases. http://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store

It allows you to play any music in the Apple Library so you don't need those purchases.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Do you understand?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you need further help with that or if we are finished... thanks.