Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to download the newest version of Adobe Flash

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to download the newest version of Adobe Flash Player and I do not remember my password. I just changed my Adobe password, but it would not accept it.
Thanks for your help,
Nancy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is asking for administrator password. That is same as your login password. If you didn't set any, then leave it blank and press OK and it will install. If that didn't work, then you can reset it.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? To know the version, click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Who is asking for administrator password? Adobe or you? I am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 version
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Not me. Adobe is asking for the Mac's administrator password, so you can install the flash player. It is the password ***** setup on your Mac when you setup it first time and this is same as the login password.

Basically, this is the password ***** use to install any applications on your Mac.

You can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. First go to System Preferences select iCloud. Click Sign Out button there and sign out. If asked to delete or keep stuffs, select Keep. If you only see Delete, then click Delete or OK. It is OK, you can reconnect to iCloud later.

Then follow the steps below to reset the password.

Turn off your Mac.

Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds.

This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.

Click on the“Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".

Type (without space)--> resetpassword

Press return. This will bring Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column,select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown.

Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain. Then use the new password ***** install flash player.

If you are still getting keychain error, then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain;

Go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs,click Keep. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Library. This will open Library folder. Trash Keychain folder in there and restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.

If you reset the password, then download the flash player from here --> https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/23.0.0.162/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

When you click the above link, it will download the file.

You can also download and install it from here --> https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/