GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

NEED TO USE A XEROX M24 printer with mac el capitan... mac

Customer Question

HI NEED TO USE A XEROX M24 printer with mac el capitan...
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: mac pro retina 15'
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no pb is to find convenient drivers
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: installation runs OK but don't print. stay on pause mode
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 27 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I know this frustrating for you and I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is not currently a driver for the Xerox Workcentre M24 that works correctly with El Capitan. You can view the official document from Xerox with the latest drivers that have been released for El Capitan here

It would probably be a good idea to check from time to time to see if a driver has been released. Unfortunately, at the moment the only way to get the printer to work properly would be revert to an earlier version of the MAC OSX operating system. If you'd like help with that please let me know and I will be happy to help.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating. Thank you for your consideration.