Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My daughter bought a new iPhone yesterday and when she

Customer Question

My daughter bought a new iPhone yesterday and when she loaded her contacts, etc, it changed my iPhone to the same as hers. Now I don't have my calendar or contacts in my phone. I tried to do a restore but it looks as though I have restored her old iPhone and not mine. What can I do??
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: My phone is an iPhone 6 about 18months old. hers is an iPhone SE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only just happened half an hour ago. I am just looking through the internet to try and find a solution
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It sounds like her iCloud account is loaded on your iPhone. On your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud. Tap Sign OUt. Then sign in to your iCloud account and this will redownload your contacts back.

If that didn't work, then on your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud account. Click Settings. You can restore your Contacts and Calenders there.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It isn't
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

On your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud account. Click Contacts and do you see your Contacts there ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The contacts that are there are my daughter's contacts not mine
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid you've restored her backup to your iPhone which means you have already erased everything from iPhone. iPhones are very secure, which means the data is erased and the chance of getting them back is slim to none. Your only hope is iCloud backup or iTunes backup on computer if you made one manualy.

So if everything on your iPhone is already replaced with her contents, then you can erase your iPhone and try to restore from backup.

On your iPhone, go to Setting > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. Rememeber, This will erase everything from the iPhone. So if you have any photos or stuffs to be backed up, please back up them to your computer first (to iTunes).

Once it is erased, setup your iPhone and while setting up, you will get an option to restore from iCloud. Do it and make sure you sign in to the Apple ID or iCloud you used with your iPhone. This will allow you to restore your iPhone to your backup from iCloud

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will just reset to factory settings and then start from scratch.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Chances are you may have a backup made on iCloud. So while setting up, select Restore from iCloud and does it show your backup ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

There is also one more way to get your Contacts back. Go to www.icloud.com

Login to your* iCloud account. Click Settings icon. Scroll down and click Restore Contacts which is under Advanced. Choose a Date before this happened and click Restore. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205018

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says that there is No Archives Available
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Have you had your iPhone ever synced with your iCloud before ? No Archives available means no backup available, meaning the contacts were probably not synced to iCloud before.

After erasing the iPhone, did you choose restore from iCloud ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Probably not
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, that means the contacts and calendars are gone. iPhones are very secure, meaning once the data is erased, it is hard or impossible to get them especially when you restored from backup.

However, download and install a trial version of this application (no need to buy it). Then check if you are able to restore the missing contacts or calendars with it --> https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-data-recovery.html