Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Trying to set up new iPad Pro. It asks for my passcode for

Customer Question

Trying to set up new iPad Pro. It asks for my passcode for my iPhone 6 which I don't have. It says I can authorize with another device signed into the Cloud. My IPad Air is signed to the cloud, but I don't know how to authorize it from there. The new iPad Pro just spins and says waiting for authorization.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It sounds like Keychain is causing this issue. First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Now setup your iPad again by following onscreen instructions. When you get to the stage where it asks about Keychain, select Do not restore passwords and continue without using Keychain. This will allow you to setup the iPad without that step.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.