Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I deleted some duplicate files without investigating what

Customer Question

I deleted some duplicate files without investigating what they were. The result was that it deleted "files" that my Mac 10.6.8 needed to run certain functions. I can still use my Mac, but every so often I run across a function that no longer is working.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Not very much. Most of my experience was on a PC until I bought this used Mac several years ago.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed what I think is "latest" update last week, but I don't know how to determine if that is the latest update. Furthermore, I am under the impression that Apple is not supporting Snow Leopard anymore.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Not much since I don't know the commands (or use the Terminal) on Mac.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you deleted core system files, then you have to reinstall 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Do you have the Snow Leopard installation discs ?

Also click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. What is the Processor and Memory listed there ?