Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a used MacBook Air with porn on it and want to clean

Customer Question

I have a used MacBook Air with porn on it and want to clean the computer. Please advise. MacBook keeper is on the machine but I do not want to use this software as I have herd there are issues with that software. Is there any Free software to accomplish a complete cleaning of these types of files connections etc.?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running? The Mac Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Mid 2013 according to the About Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just what was suggested by the auto update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing. So far I don't know if there are any issues with this machine but don't want any either.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would prefer to do this without connecting. Are there instructions to follow where I can do this on my own?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you want to delete everything from this Mac and make it new like a new Mac ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I have spent time loading information and do not want to have to go through that again
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

If this is a used Mac, then I'd recommend to do a erase and install a fresh version of OS X. This way, it will delete all old files and stuffs. If there were any spywares installed, this will get rid of them.

If you don't want to clean the entire Mac, then what exactly do you want to do ? Just delete the p** files and make them non recoverable ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was trying to do this without being charged and now I have $30 worth of charges. I didn't want the additional charges past the $5. If you can not provide answers without any additional charges than please provide what answers you can for the amount of money you have already charged my card for. I would prefer a refund and I will find another site that will not charge me. Please advise.
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, this is a paid support site and you have to pay for the support you get in here. Satisfaction is guaranteed and I will stay with until your issue is resolved. If you don't want to continue, then please contact or email to *****@******.*** and they will refund your account.

Best Regards,