Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My MacBook purchased in October 2012 has suddenly shut down

Customer Question

My MacBook purchased in October 2012 has suddenly shut down and will not reboot/recharge. The power cord attachments has a blinking "orange light -feint" instead of the usual bright orange or green ......... HELP !!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this. Follow these steps please>

1. leave the power adapter connected long enough to provide an adequate charge to the battery.
  2. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to your computer. This includes things like printers, USB hubs, or mobile devices.
  3. Hold down the power button for ten seconds. Then, press the power button again to see if the computer turns on.
  4. Does it have any lights lit or make any sounds?