Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I bought my wife an ipad she passed away ive reset it but

Customer Question

I bought my wife an ipad she passed away ive reset it but there is a lock on it what can i do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi!

I am very sorry to hear about your wife. Apple was in the news a year or two ago about a similar issue where they would not reset an iPad even with a death certification and will.

Apple does not have a defined path for unlocking a deceased iPad or device but I believe if you have a death certificate that you can have the iPad wiped clear so that you can use it again. I can either have Apple support call you on your phone if you provide your phone number or you can take it into a local Apple store to speak with a manager.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.